About SC Baptist Deacons Association
The South Carolina Baptist Deacons Association officially organized on May 14, 2014 in Orangeburg, SC. The local deacon unions present were United Baptist Deacons of Greater Columbia, Low Country Deacons Alliance, Charleston County Deacons Union, and Lovely Hill Baptist Association Deacons Union. We had a verbal agreement from the Cooper River Deacons Union that they would join us.
Who We Are?
We are a combined group of local deacon ministries affiliated with the National Baptist Deacons Convention of America, Inc. and Its Auxiliaries which was organized on May 13, 2014, in Orangeburg, South Carolina.
We have adopted the same original purposes as our parent body:
- Learning how to assist pastors bet-ter in advancing general inter-ests of churches;
- Bringing a closer relationship between deacons and mem-bers of our churches;
- Discussing and studying principles and duties applying to deacons;
- And performing home and foreign mission work.
What Do We Do?
We offer a variety of services that support the ministry's original purposes of worship, training, fellowship, and missionary work.
- Deacons Leadership Training
- Workshops for deacons, deaconesses, and pastors
- Prayer and worship services
- Women's Auxiliary Ministry
- Missionary Work
- Outreach to sick and shut-in
- Youth girls and young women training
- Health issues
- Spelling Bee
- Oratorical Contest
- Two Annual Sessions
- 4th Saturday in September, One day session
- 3rd weekend in February, Two day session
How You Can Join?
We are affiliated with the National Baptist Deacons Convention of America, Inc. and its Auxiliaries. Therefore, you and your church can be affiliated with the Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc., National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc., and the American Baptist Convention and still be a member of the South Carolina Baptist Deacons Association. We are not restricted to any particular national convention.
A minimum of three local deacon ministries is needed to organize a local deacon union.